Thank you for considering BBM Yacht Sales to sell your boat!
Thank you for considering BBM Yacht Sales to help you on your boat sales journey. We know the decision to sell isn’t always an easy one so we’re here to make the process swift and seamless.
We pride ourselves on providing a professional and service orientated brokerage that is a rarity in the Brokerage industry. We strive to achieve the best results for our vendors and our proven success is a testament to our ability to making that happen. Having been intrinsically tied to the Port Hacking community for over 30 years Burraneer Bay Marina has developed deep and long-lasting relationships with boat owners and their families. Being a full-service marina means we know the ins and outs of boat ownership and gives us a wealth of reach and networking opportunities throughout the Sydney Region and beyond.
BBM Yacht Sales has been assisting our clients buying and selling vessels of all shapes and sizes for nearly 20 years. Our honest approach to marine brokerage services is something our buyers and sellers respect and appreciate in a highly competitive industry. We are consistently achieving record breaking results thanks to our loyal customers that choose to buy and sell through BBM through their boat ownership life. Our professional boat brokers have a wealth of experience and take the time to get to know our clients and assist them through their boat ownership journey. At BBM Yacht Sales we have a passion for the marine industry and we’re truly excited to make boat ownership enjoyable for everyone.
Selling through a professional broker has huge advantages!
This proposal sets out our plan to find a qualified buyer for your vessel in the shortest possible time for the best possible price. By this point you should have had a quick chat with Marley Cutbush and have been given an approximate appraisal on value and you’ve decided to proceed. So, let’s look at what the sales process looks like and outline the formula we’ve been using to achieve great results. All boats and therefore boat sales, are unique and require an experienced broker to achieve the best possible outcome. We know you’re serious about selling because you’ve already made the first steps by talking to us. So below is our opportunity to prove to you that you’ve made the right decision and highlight the benefits of selling through a professional broker. Please read through this proposal at your convenience and if you have any questions or even better you’d like to proceed just give us a call and we can get the ball rolling.
- We have our ear out on the water daily and we are always the first to know if someone is looking to buy a boat, every week we get inundated with requests from buyers looking for a certain type of boat even down to a specific model and from this we have built our extensive database of buyers, who receive all new listings directly to their inbox. This coupled with our online marketing channels means your boat sale is being publicised to the largest possible market.
- The amount of tyre kicker enquiries you receive when selling a boat is astronomical, even if they make it to the inspection stage, you may be rowing out and showing your boat 30 times before she sells! That’s a lot of hours spent chasing an offer that may or may not eventuate.
- We spend our waking life working on boats, driving boats, partying on them and of course buying and selling them. We know the ins and outs of all boat systems, our brokers are highly trained in skippering a range of vessels and majority have lived and worked on boats majority of their lives!
- We take the headache out of selling your vessel, from the first inspection, drawing up contracts in line with BIA guidelines to prevent foul dealings ever arising, to arranging surveys and sea-trials. We handle all aspects of your sale to give you peace of mind your boat is in capable hands and a smooth process throughout the sale.
Flick through the other sections to find out what channels we use to achieve these great results, timescales, steps throughout the sale and your investment to facilitate the sale.
Whats the plan Captain?
In the last financial year we sold over 40 boats, from this our average sale time is 98 days weighed up against the industry average in Australasia of 3-6 months we come in at the lower end of this of this scale, with our brokerage presence on the Sydney Boating scene growing stronger each year this is a strong testament to our effective marketing channels and dedicated sales team.
We list your vessel, through various online and traditional channels, this includes;
- Email marketing through our extensive database of buyers (this is where the magic happens)
- Our Facebook and social media platforms
- Our display boards
- Traditional postal mail for select vessels to qualified buyers.
- In less than 24 hours of confirming the go-ahead according to this proposal, you will receive the documentation to get the listing underway.
- In no more than 7 days from receiving the required documents, we will arrange all repairs and detailing work.
- Within 7 days of all pre-listing work being completed, we will photoshoot your boat and prepare the campaign ready to go live providing all documentation, invoices and history is returned and the boat is in a clean and presentable condition.
Hunting a quick sale?
Then take it from us and keep her ‘showroom ready’!
By this we mean:
- De-clutter and remove all personal belongings, this gives people a bare canvas to work with and put their own thoughts and imagination into your vessel as well as maximizing the spaciousness of the interior!
- Let us organise a basic service for you and an anti-foul, if it is due, this ensures the history is up to date and the boat will perform well for the sea-trial, the mechanics will also check the basics on the engine and alert us if anything major may hinder the sale further down the line.
- Aa detail goes a long way in the sale of a boat, remember when you bought the boat, was the stainless glistening, the glass streak free and the fibreglass polished to perfection? It should have been! First impressions are vital, a clean boat signals that she has been cared for and loved over the years and that impression will continue throughout the inspection.
Now she’s ready to sell!
As mentioned viewings are important, following a successful showing and receiving an offer, there are still a few steps to finalize the sale, we will coordinate everything and our promise to you is that you will be included in every aspect. We’ve outlined the steps and what to expect throughout the final stages below.
Offer to Purchase
Your broker will have called you with a verbal offer, after accepting this we will send you a formal “Offer to Purchase” document, this need to be signed on the fourth page and initialled in the lower left corner of every page.
This varies from boat to boat, usually, after the offer to purchase has been accepted and the 10% deposit paid, we will take the prospective buyer for a trial run, if they are happy with the way the boat feels underway, at the prospects discretion we will arrange a Survey and Sea-trial with a qualified Marine Engineer and Surveyor. During the survey process we stress to the buyer that with any boat, some minor defects will be found and this isn’t a need to re-negotiate. However, if any major/ high-risk items are found we may need to renegotiate the offer or come to an agreement on repair work.
Settlement and Handover!
Congratulations! We are at the end of the road, from its all smooth sailing we will ask the buyer to sign the final acceptance on the Offer to Purchase document and we will then send you a copy. If you haven’t done so already send through your bank account details, and we will send through a settlement letter, any invoices relating to the sale and deposit the final payment into your nominated bank account!
A simple percentage, easy.
The investment for you for us to facilitate the sale is a percentage or flat rate based on the final sale value of your vessel, there are only two small one off fees, an online advertising fee of $50.00 per month and the fee required to conduct a PPSR search.
There are no hidden fee’s. However additional advertising features will be offered on a boat by boat basis. All costs can be withheld from the sale proceeds, this way you are never out of pocket until the sale is finalized! Talk to us about customizing the perfect campaign to suit your vessel!
- Postal mail outs,
- Facebook advertising,
- Aerial photography and video
With a range of photography packages available, you can choose the best package to suit your vessel and budget. Hover over the images to see the selections.
Deckhand - Images taken in house on a DSLR Camera
Free – Included in commission
First Mate – Dockside stills by professional photographer
Captain – Drone Running Stills & Dockside stills by professional photographer
Admiral - Drone stills & video plus dockside stills by professional photographer plus video walk-through.
Please contact us to view examples of this package and to tailor it to your specific vessel.
$0 – $50,000 = $5,000
$50,001 – $99,999 = 9.90%
$100,000 – $149,999 = 8.80%
$150,000 – $199,999 = 8.25%
$200,000 – $299,999 = 7.70%
$300,000 – $499,999 = 6.60%
$500,000 – $1 million = 5.50%
Words from our customers.
Now we have completed the purchase process for our lovely new boat and you have delivered the boat up to the Central Coast for us, I would just like to say that we could not be happier with our experience in our dealings with you and Burraneer Bay Marina. You always tried to be as helpful and accommodating as possible which made it much easier for us to view the boat, arrange sea trials and finally have a pre-purchase survey performed. This was very important to us because we come from the Central Coast and coming to Caringbah and back wiped out the best part of a day each time. We would not hesitate to recommend you and Burraneer Bay Marina to anyone.
Colin and Megan –
Thank you so much for helping us to find our boat. Your freely given knowledge and support through the buying process was pivoted. It gave me confidence that we could do this! We are on cloud nine due to your support and we will always remember you were its first skipper.
Many thanks for looking after the sale of our Mariner. It took a shorter period than I envisaged and was an easier process than I thought possible. Thanks for advising on presentation, organizing the clean, photos and your direction and assistance during negotiation. I also appreciate the extra effort in assisting with the removal of our personal items whilst we were away on leave.
Thank you for all you have done during the sale process. You and your team were extremely courteous and professional, and always proactively kept me up to date throughout the sale process. I would certainly recommend you and Burraneer Bay Marina to my friends whenever they decide to sell their boat.
I will also keep you in mind if ever my circumstances change and I consider purchasing another boat in the future. I hope the new owner enjoys “Spirit” as much as we have. The boat will certainly be well suited to Lake Macquarie.
We have been delighted with the services we received from Marley and the team at Burraneer Bay Marina. Having toyed with the idea of selling our boat for a long while and being totally daunted at the prospect, we have been really happily surprised at how easy Marley made the experience which was all finalised within 6 weeks, thanks again, much appreciated.
Thanks again for your professional, efficient brokerage services. As I said on the phone last week the quality of the photos, listing, social media and email blast was fantastic as a first impression, and luckily for us, the boat then did the rest.
I’m sold, sign me up skipper!
If you’re happy to proceed on the above basis, please enter your boat details below and click accept, this will notify us to send you over the required documentation.
Please remember and we can’t stress this enough, selling a boat is in the details, people love paperwork, it gives them peace of mind that what we are saying is true and that the vessel has been looked after and maintained, the more info we can have on the vessel, the history, the mechanical records etc. the better. This allows us to develop a solid understanding of the vessel, which we can then share with prospective buyers to encourage an offer.